Home > News > Notice of Election
Notice of Election
Election of Community Councillors for the Community Wards
Date of Election: Thursday, 5 May 2022
Obtaining nomination papers
1. Nomination papers may be obtained from the Returning Officer either at Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 8DU or electronically via email@example.com. They are also available from Clerks to the Community Councils.
Delivery of nomination papers
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer no later than 4pm on Tuesday, 5 April 2022
3. Nomination papers may be delivered in person to the Returning Officer at Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 8DU between 10am and 4pm on any working day from the date of publication of this notice (excluding bank holidays) or electronically as per the arrangements set out in the electronic delivery statement below.
4. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 5 May 2022.
5. Applications to be added to the Register of Electors in order to vote at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 8DU by Thursday, 14 April 2022. Applications can be made online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
Postal and proxy voting
6. Electors and their proxies should take note that all applications, amendments or cancellations for new and existing postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 8DU by 5pm on Tuesday, 19 April 2022. This includes electors or their proxies who wish to make alterations to their existing arrangements on a permanent basis.
7. Applications to appoint a proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 8DU by 5pm on
Tuesday, 26 April 2022.
8. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity, for work/service reasons or the need to comply with an enactment or guidance from Welsh Ministers relating to coronavirus must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday, 5 May 2022. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday, 26 April 2022. To apply on the grounds of work/service or coronavirus, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday, 26 April 2022.
Electronic delivery statement
9. Nomination papers may be delivered electronically in accordance with arrangements set out in this statement
- Informal checks – by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter ‘INFORMAL CHECK – LGE22’ in the subject heading
- Submitting nominations – visit www.conwy.gov.uk/nominations and submit the nomination paper using the online portal
- It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure that the Returning Officer receives nomination forms in the correct way by the required deadlines.
- An electronic read receipt from the Returning Officer is not confirmation that the nomination is valid. The Returning Officer will send a notice to inform candidates of his decision as to whether or not their nomination is valid.
- Should you require any assistance with the electronic delivery of nominations, please contact email@example.com